The Shrines and Sunken Gardens at Mount Assisi are Sacred Grounds
Home of the Franciscan Friars, Third Order Regular, the shrines are open to the public from sunrise to sunset seven days a week.
With prior permission, wedding photos are permitted in the Gardens.
Reservations for photos are on a first-come, first-served basis. Please present your written permission upon arrival to the Information Center at the entrance to the Sunken Gardens.
A suggested minimum donation of $100 for the upkeep of the Shrines and grounds is asked.
- No eating or drinking anywhere on the grounds. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Music or “partying” is not permitted on the grounds.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- At all times, remember that you are on holy ground.
- Parking is only available at the Garden entrance and is limited.
- Wedding parties will be accommodated first-come, first-served for those with a reservation.
The Gardens are located at 105 Saint Francis Drive Loretto, PA 15940